Sunday, May 1, 2011

OPI silver shatter

So today I finally got the chance to try out my new OPI silver shatter! Sadly, I don't have a picture for you all yet--It's dark outside so I've gotta wait for a little sunlight! But for the most part, I have only good things to report about this polish! I am almost positive that I like this one more than the Black Shatter. It is less harsh and I love the glitter. I put my silver shatter over a oui bit of red by OPI, which is a rich red color with pink sparkly undertones that are only visible in certain lights.  (I thought it was only respectful to try out the first layering of silver on an OPI shade!). This shatter goes on much smoother than the black, and I like the way it crackles more, too. The cracks are more defined and the flakes are thicker. It doesn't look as streaky as the black did too me, and it is much less "punk rocker." I cannot stop staring at my nails! I think that this shade of shatter would look best over darker colors, because when I saw swatches of it over the Pirates of the Caribbean collection it was hardly visible--although I do love the pirates colors on their own! The color of the silver reminds me a lot of lucerne-tainly look so marvelous by OPI from their swiss collection, which I absolutely adored! Without top coat, the glitter is almost matte, though, so I definitely recommend a very thick shiny top-coat. One thing that I also did not like with the black shatter was that it made my fingernails feel uneven and chunky, so with this shatter I used a much thicker top coat to smooth things over and loved the effect. I used Sally Hansen No Chip Acrylic Top Coat which takes some getting used because of it's almost goopy-ness. But when using shatter or doing nail art a thick clear coat like this is necessary. I'll try to take a photo tomorrow if the weather works out, cross your fingers! And I'll be trying out many different combos of my shatter throughout the week! :) Night to all!

3 comments:

  1. My camera batteries have been dead and I haven't gotten to the store yet I'm sorry! :( Finals week has been killin me but things will calm down soon and I'll be more on top of things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww that sucks! good luck with your finals! :D

    ReplyDelete